Monday, April 21, 2014

Staying Diciplined

Evaluating my second week of running I am rather disappointed that I have not been as disciplined as the first. I found myself very busy after school which is when Ive been running, along with that this past weekend was Easter and I found myself filling up on delicious food instead of keeping a focused mindset on my running. I think I have a solution, I've decided I need to experiment with running during different times of the day. This might mean getting up much earlier than I already do which will prove difficult but I think it might be a good way to start the day, my only other thought is that I like to run after school because of the energy boost I receive for my evening activities. I will have to compare and then weight the pros and cons to these running times so that I can remained disciplined and continue to enjoy my runs.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in complete understanding of where you're coming from Colin. Remaining discipline is one of my hardest tasks. I find it a lot easier to go to soccer practice and be forced to run than to be able to find time in a very busy schedule to run. I also agree about Easter, it's too hard to avoid the delicious food! I wish you the best in your upcoming weeks, fellow runner. :) -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colin, you've set some goals for yourself and shared them with the world on your Goals page. Use those goals to guide your posts and share what you are learning.

    Here are some questions you can consider that are based on your goals: How often do you run and what effect has it had on your cardio? What do you mean by "cardio"? How do you measure improvement? How have you improved the efficiency of your running?

    As you can see, I've simply taken your goals and turned them into questions. You should do the same in order to write posts that make your learning visible.

    ReplyDelete